This project is read-only.

SP2010 Managed Metadata supported ?

Jul 7, 2011 at 9:28 AM

Hi there,

currently I am trying out a few things using your toolset. It is really great. Are the new fieldtypes of SP2010 supported aswell?

I am thinking of the fieldtype Managed Metadata. I was not able to find it..

Regards

Sven

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:16 AM

+1

Yes, that would be very nice!
Especially the creation of managed metadata fields is error-prone when done manually :)

Greetings
geek0r 

Jul 13, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Hey guys, 

thanks for the feedback. We will definitely add new recipes to SPSF, but the wizards for fieldtypes are some of the more complex parts of SPSF. That's why we haven't added the SP2010 types yet.
Regarding Managed Metadata fieldtype it will take some time, as there are so many things which have to parametized and even better pulled from the SharePoint configuration

So meanwhile, for those who have to deal with them right now, I want to share following great blog articles of Ari Bakker 

http://www.sharepointconfig.com/2011/03/issues-provisioning-sharepoint-2010-managed-metadata-fields/

http://www.sharepointconfig.com/2011/03/the-complete-guide-to-provisioning-sharepoint-2010-managed-metadata-fields/

You can also find a sample project on the first link.

Regards

Matthias 

Jul 13, 2011 at 4:59 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Apr 11, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Hi Matein,

any update on the ManagedMetadata support? The workitem seems to be still untouched.

Regards

Sven
Apr 11, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Hi Sven,

sorry, yes we haven't had time yet to invest into that one.
Especially with the recent update to VS2012 and SP2013.

You could really help us by providing a working deployable solution with a managed metadata field and a description which parts would make sense to parametrize.

That would leave us only to make the wizard. Of course you are also very welcome to test afterwards.

As a community project the we live from the community :-)
The more support we get, the quicker we can realize new features!

Cheers

Matthias