Add and Reference Additional Projects

Nov 20, 2013 at 3:09 AM
How can I add and reference additional projects and include their assemblies in the wsp during debugging?

I created a new SharePoint Class Library and referenced it from my "Components" project that contains all my SharePoint features and is the startup project I have set. When I try to load a page that contains the assemblies from the other SharePoint Class Library, I get an assembly cannot be found error.
I didn't know if there was a recipe I have to run to include the project output from the second project in the automatically generated package.
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Hi,
this has nothing to do with SPSF.

The created projects by SPSF are exactly the same like if you would have created them directly with the VS project templates.
The only difference is that they include the SPSF.targets file on build in order to run the quality checks and package the WSPs.
SPSF is just an extension which helps you generate code and your solutions does not rely on it.

For your specific problem, please have a look here http://blog.mastykarz.nl/including-additional-assemblies-wsp-visual-studio-sharepoint-development-tools/

I believe this should help you with your task.
Hope that helps.

Cheers

Matt
Marked as answer by DuNuNuBatman on 11/20/2013 at 3:48 PM
Nov 20, 2013 at 10:48 PM
My mistake. The package manager GUI isn't working so I thought SPSF was doing some automagic build stuff in the background. It could be another pluggin causing the issue.

Thanks!