Oct 18, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Edited Oct 18, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I want to update the community. :-)
I used primary keys which consist of two foreign keys. Because of that, the automatism had a problem to generate the associations between the tables. The checkbox on "Foreign key relationships" was not activated for some tables. I tried to fix it
and added manually the foreign key connections in the "Association Editor" (by clicking on an association).
That does not help me, because I could use the picker in one table for foreign keys, in another table I got a failure like:
"There is an error in the TypeDescriptors of Parameters on Method with Name 'ReadList' on Entity (External Content Type) with Name xxxxx in Namespace … The TypeDescriptors incompletely define where the Identifiers of Entity 'xxxxx' are to be read. That Entity expects exactly '2' Identifiers, but only '0' TypeDescriptors were found from which to read them."
I did not figure out what is exactly the problem but I have a good and simple workaround I think:
Use surrogate keys!
(I refer to
of Scott W. Ambler) After I refactored my database model by replacing the combined primary keys with surrogate keys and defined the two foreign keys as unique it works fantastic. Also the associations were set correctly.
Hope I can help anyone with this workaround.