VS2013 crash during creating simple SPSF project

May 28, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Hi,
I have a brand new MS Server 2012, VS2012 und SharePoint 2013 installed, all patched and the Office DEV Tools installed, all Software is German al completely patched.
After creating the simple Project with SPSF, just say always OK the VS crashed with the following error:

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ActionExecutionException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe SharePointApplication15. Error was: Action UnfoldDeploymentProjectTemplate failed to execute:
Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO 11.0\COMMON7\IDE\EXTENSIONS\SVM25K1I.0N2\Templates\Solutions\Projects\Deployment\Runtime.csproj" wurde verweigert..
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO 11.0\COMMON7\IDE\EXTENSIONS\SVM25K1I.0N2\Templates\Solutions\Projects\Deployment\Runtime.csproj" wurde verweigert.
bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
bei System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
bei System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
bei System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
bei System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents)
bei SPALM.SPSF.Library.Actions.ExtendedUnfoldTemplateAction.TemplateItem.ParseItem(IDictionaryService dictionaryService)
bei SPALM.SPSF.Library.Actions.ExtendedUnfoldTemplateAction.Execute()
bei Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName, Dictionary2 inputValues)
bei Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName)
bei SPALM.SPSF.Library.Coordinators.ConditionalCoordinator.Run(Dictionary
2 declaredActions, XmlElement coordinationData)
bei Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
--- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
bei Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.UndoExecutedActionsAndRethrow(Exception ex)
bei Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
bei Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)
bei Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
bei Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.ExecuteFromTemplate(String recipe, IDictionary arguments)
bei Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.ExecuteRecipe(Boolean executeActions)
bei Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.RunFinished()

Does anyone have an idea where I must search for a solution? Help is welcome, because I'm new to SPSF.
Thanks,
Ralf Krzyzaniak
Coordinator
May 28, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Edited May 28, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Did you run VS as Administrator?

This is required and as you have just installed the server UAC might be still on.

See also in the error message
Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO 11.0\COMMON7\IDE\EXTENSIONS\SVM25K1I.0N2\Templates\Solutions\Projects\Deployment\Runtime.csproj" wurde verweigert..

Unfortunately it is not possible to go around that. The Guidance automation extension don't allow it. Believe me, I tried...
May 28, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Hi, thanks for the fast Response. It was the UAC, I'd forgot it (thanks Guidance), now I can start testing and using the SPSF.
Ralf
Coordinator
May 28, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Great, a new release is coming in an hour or so, so wait with testing :)
May 29, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Thanks for the new Version, I'd installed it. But when I try to add a "Blank Site" component the following Crash happens, and yes I'd installed the brand new Version from yesterday, as you told me to do. Did I Forget again something?

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ActionExecutionException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe BlankSiteDefinition. Error was: Action AddDefaultASPX failed to execute:
Eine Ausnahme vom Typ "Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Library.Templates.TemplateException" wurde ausgelöst..
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Library.Templates.TemplateException: Eine Ausnahme vom Typ "Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Library.Templates.TemplateException" wurde ausgelöst.
bei SPALM.SPSF.Library.Actions.BaseItemAction.Render(String templateCode, String templateFile)
bei SPALM.SPSF.Library.Actions.BaseItemAction.GenerateContent(String templateFilename, String targetFilename, NameValueCollection overrideArguments)
bei SPALM.SPSF.Library.Actions.BaseItemAction.GenerateContent(String templateFilename, String targetFilename)
bei SPALM.SPSF.Library.Actions.BaseTemplateAction.Execute()
bei SPALM.SPSF.Library.Actions.AddTemplateToItemAction.Execute()
bei Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName, Dictionary2 inputValues)
bei Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName)
bei SPALM.SPSF.Library.Coordinators.ConditionalCoordinator.Run(Dictionary
2 declaredActions, XmlElement coordinationData)
--- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
bei Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.UndoExecutedActionsAndRethrow(Exception ex)
bei Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)
bei Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
bei Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.ExecuteFromTemplate(String recipe, IDictionary arguments)
bei Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.ExecuteRecipe(Boolean executeActions)
bei Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.RunFinished()
Coordinator
May 29, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Nope, thats a bug :(
I will look into it.

Though just that you are aware of it, the site definitions are still SP2010-
Coordinator
May 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.