Silent installation of vsix package via PowerShell - any article/sample/guide?

May 28, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Hi team!

We've been using SPCAF\SPSF for a while. So far, it is a really great product. Thanks!

Well, I'd suggest to craft soft of article on "How to install SPCAF\SPSF" via PowerShell with "one-click-experience". It would be really nice to run a PowerShell script and have either downloading packages from internet or getting them from local folder with silent installation without any prompts.

Time to time we recreate a dev env or work on client side with building VM from scratch. So, some installation routines are involved and I'm looking on way to avoid them.

To be honest, I'm looking on http://chocolatey.org to wrap all SP related things we need. I'd be happy to help you with wrapping up SPSF\SPCAF in chocolatey or just "one-click" powershell script.

Anyway, let me know what you feel on that and what could be a way to impl this cool thing.
Coordinator
May 28, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Great idea!
Any help is appreciated, though I would prefer to submit the package myself, so that we can make sure it is always up to date when we release a new version.

SPSF requires the GAX extension as pre-requisite. Would you package that together or separate?