Can not find help with creating SPSF BDC projects

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Hi,

I have tried creating BDC projects using SPSF without any success. I have also tried to find help on creating SPSF BDC projects on the Internet also without any success. Every time I create an External List from a SPSF BDC project I get error messages

*****************Error******************
Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible HTML editor such as Microsoft SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator.

Correlation ID:b99d7632-f3ed-4892-9856-f6e212a3df1d
Could not obtain a proxy to WebService for LobSystem 'PPPBCSModel' in App Domain '/LM/W3SVC/2012985759/ROOT-1-129949861331492290'. The full exception text is: Assembly was requested for LobSystem with Name 'PPPBCSModel', but this assembly was not returned. SystemUtility of Type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.BusinessData.SystemSpecific.DotNetAssembly.DotNetAssemblySystemUtility' requires the assembly to be uploaded.. The inner exception text is: .
I have tried everything to correct this problem but still receive error messages. Can you therefore please go through a simple BDC project (screenshots would also help)

Many thanks,
CEStar

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Edited Oct 18, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Hi,

the reported problem is new to me. Seems that the assembly with the BDC model is missing on the server. Have you deployed the assembly in a WSP package to the server?
Searching for the error message I found the following answer. Maybe it helps. Currently I'm not sure if it is a problem produced by SPSF:

http://blog.repsaj.nl/index.php/2012/04/sp2010-assembly-was-requested-for-lobsystem-with-name-but-this-assembly-was-not-returned/

Torsten

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Edited Oct 18, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Hi,

BDC worked fine for me using SPSF in SharePoint 2010 as well as SharePoint 2013 as well :)

You can try this Deploy your BDC model to a specific BCS Service using Visual Studio 2010

Or you can try this 

1-Delete the created BDC Service Proxy Application or check if you have already created
2- Make sure Business Data Connectivity Service started on the server
3- Re-Create BDC Service proxy App

Regards,

faisal