error MSB3021 after renaming wsp

Jun 12, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Edited Jun 12, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Hello,

I have changed the name of my wsp from myorig.wsp to myorigex1.wsp by changing the name attribute of the package element in the  package.package of my project.

After that I get the follwing error when I try to compile my solution:

------ SPSF: Copy WSP File to deployment folder ------
 Copying 'bin\Debug\\myorig.wsp' to 'PATH\..\ApplicationDeployment\Output\Debug\\\Solutions'
PATH\SharePointTargets.targets(72,5): error MSB3021: Unable to copy file "bin\Debug\\myorig.wsp" to "PATH..\ApplicationDeployment\Output\Debug\\\Solutions\myorig.wsp". Could not find file 'bin\Debug\\myorig.wsp'.

It's right, the file 'bin\Debug\\myorig.wsp' isn't there but spsf should find the file myorigex1.wsp instead which is at the same location.

So, from where does spsf get it's information.

Thank you an best regards

Michael

Coordinator
Jun 13, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Hi Michael,

have you also renamed the assembly name and the namespace in the project properties?
One of the conventions in SPSF is, that WSP is called the same as the assembly to have better maintainability once the solutions is deployed on the farm.

The task which is failing is the one which is copying all WSPs to the output folder of the ApplicationDeployment project. This project is used for staging through team foundation server and also for complete deployment of multiple WSPs along with custom configuration settings for each environment.

Let us know if the fix works.

Thank you very much!

Matt