Analyse and Fix deleted feature receiver

Sep 1, 2011 at 1:34 AM

I created a SPSF solution for 2007 to add a feature that registers a SharePoint Timer Job.   Upon deploying the solution, the assembly is registered correctly in the GAC and the Feature Receiver is called, howevever all feature receiver calls end in null reference exceptions.   I did an analyse and fix project, under the assumption that this will check that all relevant files are included in the solution.  After running it, the feature receiver is deleted.   Why?  The file was present in the folder, but now is in the recycle bin...

Output:

Executing recipe 'EmptyFeature'
c:\documents and settings\nyannios\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\OLF.TimerJobs1\BDC\SharePointRoot\Template\Features\OLF_TimerJobs1_BDCTimerJob\feature.xml: File Added
c:\documents and settings\nyannios\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\OLF.TimerJobs1\BDC\SharePointRoot\Template\Features\OLF_TimerJobs1_BDCTimerJob\BDCTimerJob.EventReceiver.cs: File Added
c:\documents and settings\nyannios\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\OLF.TimerJobs1\BDC\SharePointRoot\Template\Features\OLF_TimerJobs1_BDCTimerJob\Resources\Resources.resx: File Added
c:\documents and settings\nyannios\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\OLF.TimerJobs1\BDC\SharePointRoot\Template\Images\OLF_TimerJobs1\FeatureIcon_BDCTimerJob.gif: File Added
*** Analyzing contained projects ***
*** Analyzing project 'ApplicationDeployment' ***
Analysis finished, 0 conflicts solved, 0 conflicts ignored

*** Analyzing project 'BDC' ***
Searching for hidden files in folder 'SharePointRoot'
Warning: File SharePointRoot\Template\Features\OLF_TimerJobs1_BDCTimerJob\BDCTimerJob.EventReceiver.cs not found in project
Included File SharePointRoot\Template\Features\OLF_TimerJobs1_BDCTimerJob\BDCTimerJob.EventReceiver.cs in project
c:\documents and settings\nyannios\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\OLF.TimerJobs1\BDC\SharePointRoot\Template\Features\OLF_TimerJobs1_BDCTimerJob\BDCTimerJob.EventReceiver.cs: File Added
Warning: File SharePointRoot\Template\Features\OLF_TimerJobs1_BDCTimerJob\elements.xml not found in project
Included File SharePointRoot\Template\Features\OLF_TimerJobs1_BDCTimerJob\elements.xml in project
Error: Analyzing of project 'BDC' failed: Cannot find file "c:\documents and settings\nyannios\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\OLF.TimerJobs1\BDC\SharePointRoot\Template\Features\OLF_TimerJobs1_BDCTimerJob\elements.xml".
Analysis finished, 1 conflicts solved, 0 conflicts ignored

*** Analyzing contained projects ***
*** Analyzing project 'ApplicationDeployment' ***
Analysis finished, 0 conflicts solved, 0 conflicts ignored

*** Analyzing project 'BDC' ***
Searching for hidden files in folder 'SharePointRoot'
Warning: File SharePointRoot\Template\Features\OLF_TimerJobs1_BDCTimerJob\BDCTimerJob.EventReceiver.cs not found in project
Included File SharePointRoot\Template\Features\OLF_TimerJobs1_BDCTimerJob\BDCTimerJob.EventReceiver.cs in project
Warning: File SharePointRoot\Template\Features\OLF_TimerJobs1_BDCTimerJob\feature.xml not found in project
Included File SharePointRoot\Template\Features\OLF_TimerJobs1_BDCTimerJob\feature.xml in project
Error: Analyzing of project 'BDC' failed: Cannot find file "c:\documents and settings\nyannios\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\OLF.TimerJobs1\BDC\SharePointRoot\Template\Features\OLF_TimerJobs1_BDCTimerJob\feature.xml".
Analysis finished, 1 conflicts solved, 0 conflicts ignored