Release Notes for v3.1

Mar 21, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Where can I find the release notes for the new SPSF release (v3.1). What's changed? Running the recipe "Migrate Solution to Current SPSF Version" seems to delete all the Package.tt files suggesting they're not used in generating the manifests anymore. However the SharpointTargets.targets file still attempts to run text transformations during compilation. Since there are no longer any *.tt files you get a warning saying "Generation of  failed. If the project is under source control these items should be excluded from source control." Is this the expected behavior?

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Currently I'm finishing the release notes. There where a lot of changes.

You are right with Package.tt and SharePointTargets.targets: We removed the text templating from the VS 2010 format to be conform to the Microsoft.

We also updated the SharePointTargets.targets. But I found that in recipe "Migrate Solution to Current SPSF Version" there is a problem to identify the type of the project, if the solution is selected. I need to provide a fix for that.

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2011 at 5:05 PM

I have provided the release notes (see download page in Codeplex).

For the issue with "Migrate Solution to Current SPSF Version" I have uploaded a setup with a hotfix (file version 3.1.1.1110).

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Thanks for that.

Since text transformations are no longer being used it seems the logic that would deploy referenced assemblies to the GAC or BIN no longer runs either and it seems you now have to manually edit the Package file to add assemblies you want to deploy. Is this as expected?

Coordinator
Mar 24, 2011 at 3:19 PM

You are right. The handling of assemblies has changed.

The assembly of the project is added automatically to the WSP by VS (because of project setting to include assembly).

Additional assemblies must be added manually to the project and insert into Package.Template.xml. We will provide a recipe in next release for that.