No more option to create Site Definition

Dec 2, 2010 at 4:22 PM

I upgraded to the latest version of the Software Factory.

I am developing for Sharepoint 2007.

I no longer have the option to create a site definition, nor to create a workflow.

Where did this options go?

Thanks,

Manuel

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Yes, you are right. Site Definitions and workflows have not been migrated to SPSF 2010.

Site definitions and workflows are the most complex recipes in SPSF. Till now we did not know if anybody is using these recipes and we decided not to migrated them.

But as we know now that you are using them I will migrated them within the next days. :)

Is that OK?

Thank you for using SPSF.

Torsten

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Thanks Torsten, that would be great!
We will give it a try when they are ready, but don't worry, we will stick with v2.4.3 for the moment.

Thanks !

P.D - I have a related question regarding workflows, I will start another thread. 

Dec 8, 2010 at 9:22 PM

I had the same question...  I wanted to create an entire custom workspace solution from within SPSF but got lost when I couldn't find the site definition recipes.

Do you have any walk-throughs on creating a solution from scratch using SPSF?  I would gladly help create this documentation if you can provide the outline of steps.

Thanks!

John

Feb 22, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Hi, I also use the Workflow recipe quite often.

Just wondering if they will be migrated too.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Hi emiliogtz,

yes, the sequential workflow recipe is already migrated to SPSF2010. The new version 3.1 is coming up soon.

Regards

Matt