SharePoint Software Factory is a Visual Studio Extension helping SharePoint newbies, as well as experienced developers to create, manage and deploy SharePoint solutions without having to know every tiny XML and C# secret.
SPSF provides a
huge collection of helpful recipes for development, debugging and deployment of SharePoint standard artifacts and is fully compatible with
SharePoint 2007/2010/2013 and Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012.
- 2014-08-25 Moved SoureCode to GitHub
- 2013-10-28 Udated release for Visual Studio 2013
- 2013-05-28 Loads of bugfixes, SPSF Projects menu again available, recommended update! (Release Notes)
- 2013-04-29 Recommended update. Several bugs fixed, improved SP2013 support (Release
- 2013-03-27 Fixed bug which caused resources in _layouts folder to be linked falsely (Release
- 2013-03-17 First beta release for Visual Studio 2012 and SharePoint 2010/2013 (Release Notes)
- 2012-02-13 New version 3.2 released with new recipes (BCS import, Linq to SharePoint, CAS Policies etc.) and several fixes (Release
For updates on SPSF follow us on Twitter or visit our blogs (links at the end of the page)
- Get started with professional SharePoint development in less than 5 mins!
- Use powerful wizards to create all important SharePoint artifacts
- Fully integrated in Visual Studio
- Refactoring of artifacts (i.e. Content Types)
- Fully automated build system creates web solutions packages (“WSP”s) and deployment files
- Integrated Code quality checks in “Release” build (additional installs required)
- All projects are self maintained, meaning that there is
no dependency to having SPSF installed on the machine, when you just want to build, or continue development without SPSF
- Standard VS2010/VS2012/VS2013 item templates for SharePoint development can be used together with SPSF projects, though the coding conventions have to be applied by the developers for these items
- Extensive Help available directly from Visual Studio or online
- Supports SharePoint Visual Studio application structure but also “old” best-practice SharePoint Hive structure (limited to VS2008/VS2010) more
- Supports SharePoint 2007/2010/2013 and Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012/2013
- Upgrade existing SharePoint projects
Now download, install and get started with SharePoint development!!!
See Screenshots of SPSF
Your support !!!
We will expand and improve SPSF over time. Our current primary focus is to increase support for SharePoint 2013.
If you want to support this project, you can either extend the SPSF
with your own Guidance Package (just download the source code to see how it works) or provide us with ideas, code and feedback for new recipes, which we can include.
If you already have a project at CodePlex with code snippets, web part templates, code for SharePoint artifacts etc. please drop us a note if you want us to include it in
About the Authors
Matthias is a SharePoint MVP and works as architect in Stockholm. He focuses on SharePoint solution architecture, development, application lifecycle management with Team Foundation Server and in general on improving the quality of custom SharePoint solutions.